Skip to main content

Wrong Is Right!

It's April and my attention has been absorbed by my day job, but my writing is still bouncing along, despite being a little late with the last chapter of Close Call. Sadly, you might have to wait a while longer for that.

However, I am pleased that my Steampunk story 'Balancing Act' has been accepted by Lit Select for their 'Legendary Stories: What Went Wrong?' anthology. I am super thrilled about this because I used what I learnt in a copy writing course a year or so ago and still ended up with a story! It's about a wily salesman, a magic machine and love. Don't be thinking it's a romance or anything, mind you. It's a cautionary tale of greed and just deserts! The anthology is due out in May sometime. I will of course let you know.

My other wonderful news is that I have interviewed one of my all-time favourite authors. You can see the results of that next weekend, I'll post it to coincide with her latest book launch. Now who might I be talking about?

If you haven't done so already, add your support to the Indiegogo campaign for 'Forever Hungry' which includes a tale of mine!

Until next weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary Scribblers' Den! Cover Reveal: The Den of Antiquity

I have had a band of virtual friends for a little more than a year now, and this week marked the second anniversary of that group: The Scribblers' Den in the Steampunk Empire . Today we are holding another 24 hour party spanning the world East to West, starting with sunrise in Australia and ending at sundown in Haiti, why not join us and see what you are inspired to create? Last years party gave birth to the idea of The Denizens of Steam anthology through a flash fiction competition we held during the party. This year we are celebrating two years of joyous companionship and to that end I will be revealing the cover our second anthology The Den of Antiquity! This book is bursting with short stories rather than flash fiction and is sculpted rather than being an instinctive creation. But before I reveal the wonderful cover designed by Bryce Raffle, I thought I'd send my roving reporter, Antigone Nix, out into the Steampunk Empire to track dow a few of the members of the Scrib...

REVIEW

This is a long overdue review for a book I won, devoured and wrote this review for, but for no reason whatsoever, never posted. Now we're well into spooky season, I thought some werewolves might satisfy reading tastes. Hellhound by Lou Yardley  Gnashing teeth and tender flesh, mortal desire and immortal madness; werewolves in unfettered glory. Hellhound binds the lives of Christine, Kit, Casper and Shannon in ways they can't imagine as they stand on the threshold of The Hound and Philosopher pub. Will Christine and Shannon satisfy their curiosity? Will Kit improve his employment prospects? Will Casper finally get what he's been waiting for? Join them at the bar, get a beer and relax if you dare. Lou Yardley writes fast paced and action-packed scenes, switching perspectives and power plays, slipping in twists and taking the reader on a rollercoaster ride of blood and guts that will keep pages and stomachs turning. Her characters are relatable, her scenes familiar yet terrif...

Mutiny on the Moonbeam by Rie Sheridan Rose

Ahoy m' hearties! It is my honour that Rie Sheridan Rose, author, poet, lyricist and editor has decided to kick off her blog tour for her latest Fantasy Romance novel, 'Mutiny on the Moonbeam', right here on Through the Eyes of a Stranger. I've been lucky enough to have been granted a sneak preview and I can tell you the book's a fantastic read (but more on that in the coming week), so without further ado, let me hand over the reins! Why Do We Love Pirates? Long before Jack Sparrow took to the High Seas, readers (and viewers) have had a love affair with pirates. From Disney fare like “Blackbeard’s Ghost” to the swash-and-buckle of Errol Flynn, something about these buccaneers has captured the imagination. It’s not like real-life pirates were anything to romanticize. They robbed many a ship, killed more than their share of sailors, and probably lived a fairly filthy existence if we are honest about it. Still, they have wormed their way into the h...